Friday, October 29, 2010

Jobnik!

I have to say I was dreading a blog about Jobnik.  I really feel that I don't have much to say.  The only thing I can say is that it was realistic in that soldier life is not all cool stuff and bombs going off.  In fact the every day of it is often boring and mundane.  I think the story could have said so much more.  I didn't enjoy any real significant portions of the novel.
I did not like the art and I can usually find something about drawings to at least comment but the roundedness of all the characters (for me) just made the story seem so much less realistic.  I think that the story did an excellent job of confusing the reader and even that on some level that was part of the point.  I don't think the reader was meant to fully understand much of the story and was to some extent meant to come away with a feeling that would leave him or her wondering and wanting to know just a bit more.
For me the reading was hard to follow and largely unclear.  I have to say I even feel like it was a waste of my time.  I am not sure if I should read it again and look at it closer or whether to take my face opinion and just move on.  I would be interested to read more of Miriams work, it could very well give me some incite to her style and perhaps help me to understand Jobnik better!

No comments:

Post a Comment